Sunday, July 12, 2015

The Guggenheim in Bilboa

We approached along the river by foot. 


From our approach we arrived first at the spider. We had seen another one of these spiders in front of a museum in Beacon, NY. 

In the pic below is a sculpture of a man viewed through a portal.  I can only believe this is the local guy who envisioned the bridge, the museum, and all of it. 
Then we get to "the puppy."  This is the huge Jeff Koons sculpture covered with flowers in front of the museum. 
I show the vibrant blue building that is one of Frank Gehry's signatures. 
This is the core of the museum. 

There were very few exhibits in the museum. The third floor was Jean-Michel Bisquiat who I never really understood before. I still don't understand but I think I get it?
Then the second floor was all Jeff Kopns who is very, very complicated. So many directions in his work. 
Then on the first floor the huge Richard Serra and this Jenny Holzer electronic sculpture below. 
A view from the museum of the bridge and the river. 

No comments:

Post a Comment