Saturday, May 28, 2011

DeYoung Museum


I copied this dress. It was hard for me to part with it. The docent gave an excellent presentation about how Balenciaga was influenced by his Spanish Catholic youth.


There was a special Balenciaga Exhibition. It took me back. Look at this pooch back dress. I copied all of these creations with my Singer sewing machine. No wonder at a garage sale someone asked "why do you have all of these costumes?" Oh, well.


Overview of the layout.




Close up of the Arch.


View from the 9th Floor Tower in the DeYoung

I'm sure the architect meant this stairway to convey this illusion.

In the distance the new Science Center designed by Renzo Piano. This is a 98% green building.

This fountain is on the way to the museum. The Tower is in the distance.
The Golden Gate Park Map.

No comments:

Post a Comment