Thursday, June 19, 2014

First post of Summer, 2014

We set out from our house on Tybee on Monday morning, June 2, and we drove to Williamsburg, VA arriving at 4:30 p.m.  We took a short cut from I-95 over to a very cool ferry we know about over the James River.  It saves a lot of time and you miss Petersburg and Richmond.  It is very cool.  We spent the night in Williamsburg and visited some of our old haunts.  The next day we took the Cheasapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel and drove north to arrive in Oxford, MD to visit my old high school buddy, Phoebe.

This is the drawing room of the Inn we stayed in.  It's the only place that has an internet connection.  The place was built in 1700 and who can imagine the people who have trod these boards.

This is me with my friend, Phoebe.  We have been friends since we were 13.  She lives in Oxford.  That's why we came.

This is St. Michael's, the very touristy town that is next door.  This is where they filmed Wedding Crashers.

We stayed two nights in Oxford and have now driven to the Cape May Ferry in Delaware and we will arrive in New Jersey on the other end to go visit my Cousin Nancy in Little Egg Harbor, NJ.

This is the outside shot of the inn.  The Blogger app has thrown me some curves since last I used it so you'll have to bear with me.
This is taken from the ferry and behind those trees is Jamestown, the oldest settlement in the first 13 colonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment